El diablo apartments tempe az 85281

What’s this guy in Phoenix AZ?

2023.06.04 06:40 hari-nezumi What’s this guy in Phoenix AZ?

What’s this guy in Phoenix AZ?
Planted in a little plaza so it might be non native
submitted by hari-nezumi to whatsthisplant [link] [comments]

2023.06.03 01:20 Theryega Brand new 4070 crashes whenever I install Nvidia drivers

I bought an RTX 4070 on day one, the model is ASUS RTX 4070 DUAL. I’ve been gaming on it for a few weeks with no issues at all, performance was amazing, temps were fine.
Today, while playing Diablo 4 on the latest drivers, out of the blue the PC froze and then rebooted. Once it reboots, I can get to the Windows 11 login screen and while I type my password, the screen goes black for a few seconds then comes back on, does this a few times with the USB disconnect-reconnect sound in the background, and then the PC stays on but with a black screen.
Rebooting in safe mode works fine, I can use my PC normally, going into the event viewer I see that nvlddmkm.sys is the cause of the problem, it says the video driver was restarted and then crashed again.
I saw no error apart from a single BSOD with error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and again, the culprit is nvlddmkm.sys
Here’s what I tried so far (nothing worked):
Should I just RMA the thing? I bought it less than two months ago.
submitted by Theryega to buildapc [link] [comments]

2023.06.02 05:28 TSMCAZ TSMC Abuses Their Employees!

It's ironic that in this day and age with the internet so accessible and social media holding so much significance over everything everyone does, that corporate america (or should i say corporate taiwan) still thinks it's ok to condemn workplace abuse (emotionally & physically). Me being naive running to HR for help but HR going directly to my supervisors and ganging up on me. Oh how silly, I guess they didn't realize who they just made their public enemy #1. Where should I even begin? Wow the endless possibilities I have here huh well I guess lets just start rocking the boat by talking about how OSHA is a gimmick and why even exist when everyone working in TSMC Arizona are in a office with unsafe working conditions every single day yet when reported to OSHA they do absolutely nothing about it. Let me put into words for you since I can't share with you any pictures. Imagine working in a office that isn't even nearly remote close to being completed and their is so much construction going on everyday you literally are either inhaling silica dust or hear drilling sounds pierced in your ears, vibrations under your foot for 12 hours on end. TSMC when first beginning their Arizona project had rented temporary office spaces that were only allowed a maximum amount of occupancy on each floor they rented but do you think they even cared about that? Nope, everyday the temp. offices were crammed so full that people were practically sitting on top of each other and shoved into random spaces not even real legal office spaces just empty areas that upper management decided "Yeah ok, that works lets just shove them there." Later on mid march when the official TSMC AZ offices announced they would start moving people in everyone was so stoked, thinking we would finally get proper office spaces, our own seating real lunchrooms accessible bathroom etc everything + anything a real billion dollar company office should have. Instead to our disappointment we were left with no running water, bathrooms that can flush but you can not wash your hands, sinks and water fountains that dispensed brown water when you tried using them every other month we have notices of water stopping to not use the bathroom and bring our own water.......12 HOUR SHIFTS WITH NO BATHROOM? In the middle of the desert? How on earth is this ethical. Not to mention the office is either burning hot like the desert air or freezing like alaska and when we asked for something to be done upper management just replied "Wear bigger jackets" So you had hundreds of employees sitting in a below freezing office 12 hours a day with heavy thick winter coats IN THE MIDDLE OF APRIL IN ARIZONA??? I was amazed anyone in Arizona owned winter coats. I literally got sick 4 times back to back working in that condition, I was so cold one time my fingers froze and stiffened up so bad I couldn't type anymore I had to keep rubbing them together inside my jacket until they warmed up enough to continue working. Look what I am trying to say is that a lot is happening inside TSMC Arizona that so many people do not hear or know about so I will gladly be the one to update you all because I want change I want a safe work environment for me and my colleagues I want TSMC to take accountability and until they do I want to be the one to expose what they're really like, what is really happening behind closed doors. Here below is a brief update list of all the that has happened from the day they allowed employees to work inside the official F21 site.
- on a daily tsmc spends about $300,000 to their contractors and vendors like ABM who are hired to work on site to help with this project but what tsmc themselves don't even know is that lately we have been having evacuations almost every week sometimes even as far as twice a week but they're not even real evacuations concerns! they are occuring because ABM workers have gotten smart and realized if they blow the emergency airhorn it will create a chaos and we have to evacuate the whole entire building for about an hour each time because there are like hundreds and hundreds of workers everywhere on each floor so it takes so long for everyone to get out safely and by the time the entire evacuation is over they come back its lunch time and then boom at 2 they go home. not only has this been happening so often but on top of that people started paying people to take turns blowing the horn and standing guard so they don't get caught.
- ABM workers are being paid to do nothing literally every day. When walking on the construction site you have no idea how many people I see sitting by the door just napping or staring at the floor. We have to wear shoe covers in some parts of the building and there was 3 workers handing out shoes covers....3 WORKERS - literally just handing out one shoe cover. It does not take 3 people to complete this task. Sometimes i ask them what they were assigned to do and they said to just stand there in the hallway literally thats it, stand.
- One day my coworker took the elevator with some people and when the elevator reached the 4th floor the cable snapped and dropped to the 1st floor. He then was stuck in there for 40 mins because nobody could find out why or get the doors opened. But then when opened he told me they hurried him away, said they would pay him for the rest of the working day but to go home immediately. I didn't even hear about this until he had to tell me himself. TSMC could've done the right thing and issued out a warning to not use the elevator for the time being until deemed safe again but instead they shoved money into the problem and hid it from all of us working there.
- the FABs where the semiconductor chips are being made sometimes have areas where there are open holes or flooring that were not properly placed yet but because as always tsmc prioritizes money not safety they rushed engineers to go inside and start working immediately and one day one of the engineers fell into these holes. Luckily he is fine! But it really could've been a lot worse
- Contractors working in these FABS are not near or have any drinking water accessible to them all day while working inside but the temperatures in these places sometimes go as high as 90 degrees inside because there is no working electricity so there is no proper airflow or windows so they are literally being suffocated in these confined covered spaces and have to wear cleanroom suites so they are so hot and humid too.
- there are no bathrooms in these places so we have found many water bottles full of pee lying around inside the FABs on top of that they were now being tossed and moved around so much when i was driving to work last week i saw a water bottle filled with yellow liquid sitting in the parking space under the hot desert sun
- the fbi had to be called in because we had one week where there was 3 fires and the police questioned that these fires were starting to be intentional and someone was risking everyones life by starting real fires on site
- a angry worker had a fight with one of the taiwanese worker that had just flown in from taiwan and that american grabbed a steel pipe and hit the taiwanese assignee over the head and he was sent to the hospital. Yet again we were not made aware of this situation and tsmc tried to hide it keep it hush hush to protect themselves not protect us
- are you ready for this one?
an employee last week brought a real PISTOL INTO tsmc. INTO. FOR 12 HOURS.... there was an active gun inside this building and the worst part of this all was that we have a whole x-ray machine + metal detectors 8 security guards working in the front more security inside the building and this employee managed to carry a whole gun inside TSMC Arizona he managed to get a whole gun inside past the metal detectors past the x-ray machines PAST the security guards who also scan you up and down when you walk inside. Now this is all made to public eye because he had gotten caught can you even imagine the employees who haven't gotten caught? If he was able to so easily bring a gun inside tsmc az then who's to say he was the first or will be the last? Who's to say there hasn't already been more or others.
Every day i go to work i feel constantly scared because they recently torn apart the ceilings above our heads so all the mechanical work the wirings the cables they all are hanging and dangling from above and i just feel like one day one of it is going to either fall or hurt me or my colleagues. Now i have to worry about my actual safety as well because they're just letting anyone bring anything up inside here. Make matters worse whats the point of all the security when TSMC Az has no security cameras working or on? They are literally all just for show the security cameras you see they are not being of use right now they don't work. Everyday our personal belongings are being stolen TSMC projectors that cost thousands of dollars are being stolen from meeting rooms, workers sneaking past wire cutters to this point where we locked our projectors to a cable and that cable is being cut and things still get stole. Anyways thats all i have for now, for today at least. Don't worry I will definitely be back even if nobody reads this i will continue to shout from the top of my lungs
submitted by TSMCAZ to u/TSMCAZ [link] [comments]

2023.06.01 04:00 Analypiss Strength - Striking and Lifting

Key and explanation of periods where Juggernaut was stronger or weaker than normal


Lifting, pushing, pulling, throwing, grip, etc.

submitted by Analypiss to JuggernautMegaRT [link] [comments]

2023.05.31 04:43 Arcing_Silver Mids

Probably the best Midsommar-themed tour poster ever
submitted by Arcing_Silver to A24 [link] [comments]

2023.05.30 12:08 fivassistant 5.30 Jobs with USA visa sponsorship

Please visit our new unique job portal that has 7000+ positions with USA visa sponsorship! move2usajobs .com. Free trial available!
If you find the post useful, kindly like&share! The first website in the industry with real USA jobs for immigrants and foreigners!
Your chance to immigrate to the USA! Follow your American dream!
Try our Visa Getter, increase your chances to immigrate to the USA by 50% https://lnkd .in/d2vvukps
New free option - check your eligibility for different USA work visas here relocate2america .com
For RNs medical2usa .com
Our legal adviser https://lnkd .in/dmZE8vgk
#hiring #usajobs #visasponsorship #jobs #jobsearch #findjob #career #applynow #ilovemyjob #usa #us #usjob #workinus #unitedstates #h1b #h2b #h2a #eb3 #greencard
Please delete spaces in the links to access the application pages!
  1. Staff Privacy Analyst Visa sponsorship Brooklyn, NY https:// goo .su/ jmxtHV
  2. Ag Equipment Operator H-2 Visa sponsorship $13.67 per hour Hollandale, MS [email protected] .com
  3. Web Developer Visa sponsorship El Paso, TX https:// goo .su/ dxyEPAn
  4. Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop H-2 Visa sponsorship $14.33 per hour Zolfo Springs, FL [email protected] .com
  5. Application Specialist I Visa sponsorship Newburgh Heights, OH https:// goo .su/ Gzep
  6. Range Livestock Worker H-2 Visa sponsorship $1,901.21 per month GILLETTE, WY [email protected] .com
  7. Sr. Scrum Master Visa sponsorship Alpharetta, GA https:// goo .su/ o1Dzdu
  8. Beekeeper H-2 Visa sponsorship $17.33 per hour Glen Ullin, ND [email protected] .com
  9. Software Engineer II Visa sponsorship Moline, IL https:// goo .su/ tijt3
  10. Manure Equipment Operators H-2 Visa sponsorship $17.34 per hour Pound, WI [email protected] .com
  11. UI/ UX Designer Level lll Visa sponsorship Plano, TX https:// goo .su/ K019sm3
  12. Lawn Maintenance H-2 Visa sponsorship $14.59 per hour Topeka, KS [email protected] .com
  13. Registered Nurse TN Visa sponsorship Tempe, AZ https:// goo .su/ dezc
  14. Blueberry Harvester H-2 Visa sponsorship $17.97 per hour Clatskanie, OR [email protected] .net
  15. Senior Embedded Software Engineer Visa sponsorship Cedar Falls, IA https:// goo .su/ rjC3Ue
  16. Apple Picker H-2 Visa sponsorship $17.54 per hour Waverly, MO [email protected] .com
  17. Engineer Product I Visa sponsorship Waterloo, IA https:// goo .su/ 1JZsQ
  18. Potato Farm Worker H-2 Visa sponsorship $17.34 per hour White Pigeon, MI [email protected] .com
Welcome to our new discord server!We offer free legal consultation to newcomers! https://lnkd .in/dnXRpnj6
Do you have a YouTube or TikTok channel or a blog? Mention us and earn! Our affiliate program: https://lnkd .in/dgeDHUth
Please help us grow, share this post with your auditory or simply like it! 🙏 http://move2usajobs .com
submitted by fivassistant to jobsUSAimmigration [link] [comments]

2023.05.28 00:59 mikhailnikolaievitch Respect Ultimate Wolverine (Marvel, 1610)

Respect Wolverine

"Maybe your mutation isn't about healing at all. It's about surviving."
History: Years of torture and tampering with his memories made much of Wolverine's past a mystery. Though it's known he was a Canadian paratrooper during WWII, the man known as James "Lucky Jim" Howlett became one of the most influential figures in history when government experiments turned him into the world's first mutant.
Eventually renamed Logan, by the time he escaped the Weapon X program he became better known as Wolverine. He was given enhanced senses, an accelerated healing factor, and razor sharp claws. His entire skeleton was coated in an indestructible metal known as adamantium, and his memories were rewired to optimize their battle efficiency. He was the perfect weapon...and then he escaped.
Though he served Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutant Supremacy, Wolverine turned on Magneto to serve the X-Men as one of its fiercest proponents. Inspired by Xavier's dream, Wolverine never quite uncovered the secrets of his past, nor did he find much happiness in his present. But when he gave his life to save the world he proved his redemption, and survived in the memories of the X-Men who cared for him and the son that never knew him.
Source Key: Ultimate Marvel Team-Up = UMT Ultimate X-Men = UXM# Ultimate Spider-Man = USM Ultimate Nightmare = UN Ultimate War = UW Ultimate X-Men & Fantastic Four = X4 Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk = WvH Ultimate Power = UP Ultimate Origins = UO Ultimates 3 = U3 Ultimatum = UTM Ultimatum: X-Men Requium = REQ Ultimate Comics Wolverine = UCW 
Scaling - Apocalypse - Captain America - Colossus - Cyclops - Deathstrike - Gambit - Hulk - Iron Man - Magneto - Mister Fantastic - Nightcrawler - Rogue - Sabretooth - Spider-Man - Storm - Thing - Xavier





High material reference
Low material reference
Scaling w/reference
Minimal reference
Long guns
Multiple Damage Types


Against Superhumans
Against humans
Against objects


Special materials
Misc. materials
Misc. abilities/information




Telepathic Resistance
submitted by mikhailnikolaievitch to respectthreads [link] [comments]

2023.05.23 13:18 alice__aa Searching for a performance

Searching for a performance
Hey guys, I’ve been searching for the origin of this video for the past few hours. I came to the conclusion that it has to be from one of the ALT-AZ Graduate Sessions at Graduate Tempe but I can find NOTHING about them ever being there, no video (apart from this one), no photo, no text, nothing. Maybe one of you could help? I’d love to see more of the performance or at least know the date/ more details. (The video was posted by wipedoutl on TikTok, but they couldn’t find anything either).
submitted by alice__aa to thenbhd [link] [comments]

2023.05.22 16:29 andyr072 Got this Norton scam email with a phone number. Enjoy.

Ander sons
Sales Executive
Tph: (866) 651 7339
Your subscription for Nortoñ, $360 Protection - Annual Plan, has been successfully renewed today.
We charged your account with the amount of $349.99 for this time.
Charges will be shown shortly.
For queries reach us at +1 (866) 651 7339.
Kindest Regards,
NortonLifeLock Inc.
60 E Rio Salado Pkwy STE 1000
Tempe, AZ 85281
866.651.7339 – Direct
submitted by andyr072 to ScamNumbers [link] [comments]

2023.05.21 23:25 LuckyDrive Converted my girlfriends PC into a SFF PC. My 2nd attempt at a SFF build.

Converted my girlfriends PC into a SFF PC. My 2nd attempt at a SFF build.
During the pandemic I built my girlfriend a PC using a mix of my old parts. I was looking for a case that had a handle, for easy carrying and portability between apartments. I chose the Lian Li TU150. But this was before I discovered SFF PC's lol. It's a great case but still pretty unwieldy (even with a handle), and not what I would call "portable".
A little while later and after upgrading my own PC into a water cooled SSUPD Meshlicious, I decided we should now upgrade her PC into something a bit more portable. I looked around but none of the cases I could find were small enough while also being able to accommodate her current part list. Until I eventually came across a random case on Amazon. There's was basically no brand name or information about it in the listing, but with another Redditors help I was able to determine it was a S300 by a Chinese brand name Shiny Snake.
All the specs remainded the same, except I bought a used RTX 2060 from someone on Reddit, to upgrade her from the 1660 she had previously been running.
Full specs below
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
PSU: Cooler Master V550 SFX GOLD
CASE: Shiny Snake S300
Temps are generally great in my opinion. For an ambient room temperature of 25-30° degrees Celsius, idle temps sit at around 44° on the CPU, and 36° on the GPU. Under sustained load they each cap out at around 73°. From what I can tell that's completely reasonable considering the limited airflow and outside room temperature, but anyone has any opinions or thoughts please let me know. This is also without an undervolt. I plan to do one but haven't gotten around to it.
Again the only "new" part is the RTX 2060. All the other parts are from her own build, which were my old parts from before the pandemic.
It's not a beast, but for the games we play together (Overwatch 2, Diablo IV) and her own games, it's gets the job done wonderfully at 60+ fps, with no drops. And because she travels a lot between our houses, this is a LOT easier for her to bring back and forth on her own.
In my own rig I'm currently running a Ryzen 3600X and RTX 3070, so when the time comes to upgrade my PC, I'll just give her those parts instead.
This is only my 2nd ever SFF build, so let me know what you guys think!
submitted by LuckyDrive to sffpc [link] [comments]

2023.05.16 08:05 kx250f_pa Sick ass tour

Sick ass tour submitted by kx250f_pa to LANDMVRKS [link] [comments]

2023.05.15 17:20 Majoroniell Metalcore Dropouts

Metalcore Dropouts submitted by Majoroniell to NorCalTours [link] [comments]

2023.05.14 22:53 TwAItterApp Tool for creating tweets with AI.

Hey Reddit community! I wanted to share an amazing tool I recently discovered called TwAItter. If you're tired of spending countless hours crafting tweets, scheduling them, and trying to grow your Twitter following, then this app is a game-changer.
TwAItter is an innovative platform that utilizes artificial intelligence to generate high-quality tweets for you. Say goodbye to writer's block and hello to effortlessly engaging content. With TwAItter, you can sit back, relax, and let AI do the work for you.
One of the most impressive features of TwAItter is its ability to save you valuable time and money. No more brainstorming sessions or hiring expensive social media managers. TwAItter automates the entire tweet creation process, allowing you to focus on other important tasks while still maintaining an active Twitter presence.
But that's not all! TwAItter goes beyond just generating tweets. It also offers advanced scheduling options, ensuring that your tweets are posted at the optimal times for maximum reach and engagement. You can easily plan your content strategy in advance and let TwAItter handle the rest.
What sets TwAItter apart from other AI tools is its adaptability. It can mimic any writing style, including your own. Want your tweets to sound like they came directly from you? TwAItter has got you covered. Simply provide a few samples of your writing, and the AI will learn your unique style, delivering tweets that perfectly match your voice.
Imagine effortlessly growing your Twitter following without lifting a finger. TwAItter's AI-generated tweets are designed to captivate your audience, spark conversations, and attract new followers. It's like having a personal social media assistant that understands your goals and helps you achieve them.
So, whether you're a busy professional, an influencer, or a social media enthusiast, TwAItter is the ultimate tool to take your Twitter game to the next level. Don't miss out on this opportunity to boost your Twitter account with the power of AI.
Try TwAItter today and experience the future of tweet creation. Say goodbye to the hassle and hello to a more efficient, engaging, and successful Twitter presence. Let TwAItter transform the way you tweet!
submitted by TwAItterApp to AItoolsCatalog [link] [comments]

2023.05.14 22:52 TwAItterApp Have you used a tool for creating tweets with AI?

Hey Reddit community! I wanted to share an amazing tool I recently discovered called TwAItter. If you're tired of spending countless hours crafting tweets, scheduling them, and trying to grow your Twitter following, then this app is a game-changer.
TwAItter is an innovative platform that utilizes artificial intelligence to generate high-quality tweets for you. Say goodbye to writer's block and hello to effortlessly engaging content. With TwAItter, you can sit back, relax, and let AI do the work for you.
One of the most impressive features of TwAItter is its ability to save you valuable time and money. No more brainstorming sessions or hiring expensive social media managers. TwAItter automates the entire tweet creation process, allowing you to focus on other important tasks while still maintaining an active Twitter presence.
But that's not all! TwAItter goes beyond just generating tweets. It also offers advanced scheduling options, ensuring that your tweets are posted at the optimal times for maximum reach and engagement. You can easily plan your content strategy in advance and let TwAItter handle the rest.
What sets TwAItter apart from other AI tools is its adaptability. It can mimic any writing style, including your own. Want your tweets to sound like they came directly from you? TwAItter has got you covered. Simply provide a few samples of your writing, and the AI will learn your unique style, delivering tweets that perfectly match your voice.
Imagine effortlessly growing your Twitter following without lifting a finger. TwAItter's AI-generated tweets are designed to captivate your audience, spark conversations, and attract new followers. It's like having a personal social media assistant that understands your goals and helps you achieve them.
So, whether you're a busy professional, an influencer, or a social media enthusiast, TwAItter is the ultimate tool to take your Twitter game to the next level. Don't miss out on this opportunity to boost your Twitter account with the power of AI.
Try TwAItter today and experience the future of tweet creation. Say goodbye to the hassle and hello to a more efficient, engaging, and successful Twitter presence. Let TwAItter transform the way you tweet!
submitted by TwAItterApp to AIToolTracker [link] [comments]

2023.05.12 18:07 KSA-Courtney Double Brokering and Non-Payment

If you have hauled freight and not been paid CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!!!


Let us help keep you on the road!

I look forward to helping anyone who is suffering from UNPAID freight invoices or claims of damages. Call me if you have any questions or concerns about these brokers or other brokers
MC# 1504460 USDOT# 4002149
B2B Logistic Solutions
Business Address:
907 Pollard St STE 110
Dallas, TX 75208
Phone: 469-812-0112
MC# 1446226 USDOT# 3914769
TQL Brokerage Express Inc
Business Address:
5135 W Byron St #1
Chicago, IL 60641
Phone: 773-787-3856
MC# 1121195 USDOT# 3447174
American Success Trans
Business Address:
1810 E Sahara Ave STE 701
Las Vegas, NV 89104
Phone: 725-228-2345
MC# 1261615 USDOT# 3655424
BR Jefferson Partners Corp
Business Address:
3018 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Phone: 917-781-0383
MC# 1473485 USDOT# 3955478
TMD Transport Inc.
Business Address:
140 Oakland Ave
Uniontown, PA 15401
Phone: 215-600-0064
MC# 1234323 USDOT# 3617325
BNL Freight Logistics LLC
Business Address:
202 Village Circle STE 1
Slidell, LA 70458
Phone: N/A
MC# 1440565 USDOT# 3906237
House of Freight
Business Address:
6462 Lo See Rd. STE 110
N Las Vegas, NV 89086
Phone: 323-642-9850
MC# 1445002 USDOT# 3912921
Shine Logistics Inc.
Business Address:
2943 W Parkway Blvd Unit 15
W Valley City, UT 84119
Phone: 385-330-0050
MC# 1424931 USDOT# 3882574
Virk Freight US Inc.
Business Address:
21163 Packing House CT
Riverside, CA 92507
Phone: 951-213-2043
MC# 1522122 USDOT# 4029738
Retrofox LLC
Business Address:
4902 N 128TH Ave
Wau Sau, WI 54401
Phone: 640-888-3162
MC# 1485583 USDOT# 3973547
Four Season Freightage LLC
Business Address:
14 Wall St FL 20
New York, NY 10005
Phone: 929-645-3880
MC# 1517549 USDOT# 4022437
Ameria Global LLC
Business Address:
15636 W Bruns Rd. Manhattan
Manhattan, IL 60442
MC# 1503615 USDOT# 4000850
East West Logistics LLC
3430 E Flamingo Rd. STE 238
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: 702-560-0830
MC# 1504639 USDOT# 1504639
Capital Brokerage Inc.
Business Address:
17977 E 54th Ave
Denver, CO 80249
Phone: 720-416-7267
MC# 1506450 USDOT# 4005223
Houston Trans LLC
Business Address:
11007 Sageyork Dr.
Houston, TX 77089
Phone: 800-264-8185
MC# 1445078 USDOT# 3913045
DDH Logistics Inc.
Business Address:
424 E. Washington Ave.
Washington, NJ 07882
Phone: 856-335-5930
MC# 1461599 USDOT# 3937971
AH Brokerage LLC
Business Address:
522 W Riverside Ave. STE N
Spokane, Washington 99201
Phone: 253-327-0718
MC# 1464871 USDOT# 3941835
Faithful Freight Shipper Inc.
Business Address:
12020 Sunrise Valley Dr. STE 100
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: 571-500-2950
MC# 1503834 USDOT# 4001198
JRP Forwarding LLC
Business Address:
620 W 4th Ave APT 6
Emporia, KS 66801
Phone: 620-504-3212
MC# 1500175 USDOT# 3995550
RG Brokering LLC
Business Address:
3497 Red Skin Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45251
Phone: 661-454-1992
MC# 1312805 USDOT# 3725199
Alphas Transit Inc.
Business Address:
7600 N 15th St STE 150
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Phone: 602-613-1803
MC# 501299 USDOT# 2233025
GlobalTranz Enterprises LLC
Business Address:
51 W Third St. 5th Floor
Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: 847-498-8885
MC748469 USDOT 2190975
ELGIN, IL 60123
PHONE (312) 533-4993
MC# 1385366 USDOT# 3824910
Freighttech Logistics
Business Address:
255 S Orange Avenue Suite 104
Orlando, Florida 32801
Phone: 208-656-1857
MC# 1465082 USDOT# 3943126
Lotus Global Trucking Inc.
Business Address:
6991 East Camelback Rd. #D-300
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: 877-935-4512
submitted by KSA-Courtney to u/KSA-Courtney [link] [comments]

2023.05.11 01:22 Imaginary_Chef_5460 Diario de un espectador2

Hola se que abpasado mucho tiempo desde mi primer post pero intentaba tener algo mas de recopilacion aparte de lo dicho y lo cliche.
Sera mas corto que el anterior pero espero que sea interesante para ustedes.
Primero que nada este post es la continuacion de la vijilancia y mantencion de mi abuela la cual sufre demencia cenil leve y trastorno de personalidad narcisista agresiba.
Como sabran ella es una persona dificil y malvada y nos a tomado el pelo con mi madre hace un tiempo.
Ella por orden medica no sabe que tiene trastorno narcisista por lo tanto algunos farmacos que toma no sabe que diablos es pero jura que son vitaminas; pero esta vez se a pasado de lista.
Como algunos saben el tomar farmacos con alcohol esta estrictamente prohibido por lo cual todo el licor de esta casa estaba estrictamente cuardado bajo llave, pero no se como demonios ella encontro la maldita llave de la licorera privada de mi madre.
Descubrimos que ella tomaba shots de tragos con mas de 40% de alcohol por lo cual los medicamentos hace un tiempo que no le hacen efecto y nos empezaba a tratar de manera abusiva.
Decidimos que hasta que no pierda su cordura en esta casa no existira alcohol visible o pocible por lo cual a nosotras no nos molesta en absoluto exepto ella.
Nos comeremos unas semanas de insultos y abuso psicologico,pero porblo menos estara mas estable.
Pronto publicare mas contenido, la univercidad y el cuidado de mi abuela me consumen un poco demaciado.
Nos vemos !
submitted by Imaginary_Chef_5460 to diario_de_personas [link] [comments]

2023.05.09 23:32 copperdoom [Offline][Other][Mesa, Arizona] Saturday Night Board Games!

In college, I started a board game club with some friends and we grew.. and then as people graduated and grew up, we shrunk. We're hoping to find some new players in the Mesa, AZ area (we border Tempe) that enjoy a wide variety of games. We play most Saturday nights starting at 6pm and go until folks get tired. This is hosted at my apartment, but for first meeting up public first is a must - pretty familiar with both Silver Key in Mesa and Snakes and Lattes in Tempe.
Message me here or discord (doomyg#6344) with interest/questions!
If age matters, we're currently 20s and 30s. I have dogs, so folks with allergies beware. Open to a change in venue if necessary, but due to money restraints, prefer something nearby/little to no cost.
submitted by copperdoom to lfg [link] [comments]

2023.05.09 18:46 larrylalangostawasa Soy la mala por gritarle a mi hermana maldita mocosa malcriada?

Soy la hermana de enmedio entre dos hermanos uno es hombre (el menor) y una es mujer (la mayor) hace un par de meses (11 meses para ser exactos) mi hermana decidió adoptar a un pitbull en estado de calle el pobre perro estaba bastante mal ya que tenia un problema en su cola ,mi hermana trabajaba todo el día,los sábados medio día y descansaba los domingos entonces decidió llevar al perro a casa convenciendo a mis padres de hacerse cargo del perro en todos los aspectos mis padres aceptaron ,las primeras semanas se complicaron demasiado para mi ,mientras ella se iba a trabajar todo el día el perro se quedaba solo en casa hasta que yo llegara de la escuela pero tenía que irme después de llegar ya que tenia que ir por mi hermano a la primaria ,su escuela se encontraba a 1 hora 20 minutos de mi casa en auto pero en transporte público rondaba hasta las 2 horas entonces tenia que irme así como llegara a casa el problema comenzó cuando el perro tenía emorrajeas constantes en su cola entonces después de llegar a casa tenia que limpiar toda la sangre del suelo o dejaba salpicadas la pared por toda la casa,había veces que se iba sin sacarlo a pasear y tenía que limpiar sus eses yo, el segundo problema comenzó cuando el perro desarrollo un miedo a quedarse solo y todos mis planes se iban al demonio comencé a llegar tarde por mi hermano, mis salidas con amigos se acortaron ,etc . Cuando intentaba irme el perro no m dejaba salir siempre trate de no lastimarlo al momento de ir por mi hermano, un día antes de mi graduación salimos a comer cuando volvimos en la noche el perro había dejado toda la casa llena de sangre y nos tuvimos que desvelar limpiando al siguiente día me levante temprano para alistarme pero se arruino todo ,mi aspecto se veia horrible ,mis padres ni siquiera se levantaron temprano haciendome llegar tarde a mi graduacion ;un mes despues operaron al perro de su cola haciendo ver que todo el esfuerzo no fue en vano ya se veia mejor y su cola ya no sangraba pero el verdadero problema comenzó cuando mi hermana se molestaba porque yo no le había limpiado al perro o no lo sacaba a pasear parecía que yo era la dueña de aquel animal indefenso ,mi frustración comenzó aún peor ya que mis padres se ponían de su lado y me regañaban por no poder limpiarle al perro olvidándose que yo ni siquiera que comprometí con ese animal ,meses después llegamos a un acuerdo donde se me iba a pagar 200 pesos mensuales por cuidar del perro ,sacarle a pasear y limpiarle "jamás me pago" y todavía se escudava diciendo que yo no hacía nada , en febrero de este año mi hermana renuncio a su trabajo quedándose sin empleo por un mes completo y en ese puto mes no hizo nada ,no sacaba a pasear al perro, no le daba de comer ,con la escusa que según me pagaba cuando yo no había visto ni un solo peso reflejado ,en marzo consiguio empleo ,empeoró todo me convertí en su especie de sirvienta quería que le lavara su uniforme, ponerle lunch, tenderle su cama ,darle de desayunar ,pasarle su toalla despues de bañarse ,etc y ahora según me pagaría 200 pesos semanales ya que ella siempre a tenido la fama de ser muy narcisista diciendole a medio mundo que segun me pagaba semal poniéndose ella sola la soga al cuello, dejandome a mi como la necesitada de dinero cuando solo exijia lo que habiamos acordado ,las primeras 3 semanas me pago pero después de ahí no me a pagado me enoje mucho ya que el último acuerdo que teníamos era pagarme 350 pesos semanales pero hasta la fecha no me a pagado y siempre se escusa con la frase "quieres que te pague por hacerte pendeja" me moleste demasiado ya que jamas le había echado nada en cara pero ya no aguante y explote diciéndole todo lo que hacía por aquel perro y por ella aparte que comenzó a tomar mi perfume que me compro un familiar a mi,lo tomo sin mi consentimiento mis padres en ningún momento le han llamado a la atención solo han "hablado con ella" hace una semana llego muy noche a casa y comenzamos a discutir de tal manera que la mande al diablo diciéndole que ya no cuidaría de ella ni del perro porque yo parecía más la dueña del perro que ella ,cuando ni siquiera fui yo la que se comprometió con mis padres a cuidar de aquel animal ,ella comenzó a decir que solo la quería por su dinero etc mi temperamento llegó a su limite y le grite que era una maldita mocosa malcriada y mimada por mis padres ,la e ignorado últimamente cuando me pide cosas que tienen que ver con ella o con su perro, la deje a su merced Soy la mala? Debería de disculparme con ella? Me comporte inmadura al tomar esa decisión? Debí haber sido más comprensiva?
submitted by larrylalangostawasa to mexico [link] [comments]

2023.05.05 11:13 cmdjunkie Revelations -- A Late Night Confession

It's 1:12am, I'm drinking unsweetened tea because I'm too lazy to get up to find a spoon to stir the honey sitting at the bottom of the mug. I'm barely pecking away at an essay on the Internet's influence on self-identity development that's long overdue for submission --I'm tempted to let ChatGPT do the rest. Tomorrow morning I have 3-4 back-to-back meetings at my full-time job, where I'll sit un-ergonomically in a 1000-yard stare, wondering what the hell happened to me in this post-pandemic world. Hopefully I'll find the motivation to clean my apartment this weekend, because the disarray is contributing to my anxiety and I just can't seem to get things organized before I have to move at the end of the month.
Depression has blanketed me for the better part of three years. I've been working professionally in cyber security since 2005, and it's the only thing I've ever done. As I told my manager during my 1x1 this week, I both love it and hate it. Now, at 40, I'm struggling to find some sense of fulfillment and purpose in this world and all of this skill and experience I've accumulated. Truth be told, I never wanted to work in cyber. I've been a skilled programmer since the mid 90's, but in the early 2000's, as a recent transplant to Tempe, AZ, I opted to enroll in a Network Technology and Security program because I knew the industry was about to explode. I was right. And with my 2 year degree from a now defunct Tempe, AZ trade school, I began an 18 year career that has given me nothing to be proud of.
Cyber security is such a strange job/industry/career. At one point I didn't consider it a skill, and truthfully, I still believe that. It's more so a practice, because there's no deliverable from the labor. Cyber, at it's core, it still based on risk management. There's no skill involved, just a bunch of terms and concepts one has to learn, remember, and attempt to apply in a setting that's so desperate for "qualified" and "credentialed" people. What does it mean to be "good at security" anyway? In contrast for comparison, take the field of cyber to software/programming. Traditionally, these two fields or disciplines don't mix and match. In my experience, and according to many I've met and worked with, security people and developers are always at odd with each other. A programmer I met during a contract I did at Ebay didn't hesitate to tell me that "most security people aren't good programmers". I took reservation with that, but didn't engage. In reality, I think that's the rule, not the exception. Programmers make things. Good programmers do it quickly, efficiently, and know how to manage large, extendable projects. There's a tangible output to the craft of skilled programming. Cyber? Well, I suppose you might draft a polished Risk Summary Report occasionally. There's a possibility you might put together a glossy slide deck, detailing the week's metrics and a debrief of a well handled security incident. Hell, you might even craft a shell or python script that will automate the quantification of high-value assets --but wait, that's more a programming skill set isn't it?
It took me 7 years to go back to school to eventually finish a bachelor's degree in software development. I did a Programming and Systems Analysis associates at Phoenix College, and took two classes at ASU in their online Software Engineering program. I learned a lot at PC and ASU, but life happened and I had to change course. Then, because I began to have some health problems, I moved to Flagstaff for cooler weather and did three semesters at NAU as an applied computer science major. I had a great time in Flag, but my health deteriorated and I came back to Phoenix for care. I finally threw my hands up and finished my degree at WGU, minting my capstone two weeks before Trump got on TV and announced the start of the COVID-19 fear campaign that would last for 2 years. My dreams of correcting the sinking ship of my life by simply becoming a developer (and moving to San Diego) went up in flames. At that point, I was both a seasoned cyber security professional and a new software development graduate, disillusioned by the lockdown, the coming wave and trend of remote work, and the idea that a glamorous, healthy, in-office job as a hot-shot developer was to become a thing of the past. I was right.
My tea has gotten cold.
Over the years, I put a lot of my focus on offensive security because it was the only aspect of security work that I felt was hands-on --and relatively free of drama and politics. That's what drew me to it, and I fully embraced it by becoming a pentester in 2016 for a well-known and unnecessarily large Scottsdale based healthcare company. The job paid the bills but the work I was putting into keeping my skill-set sharp had me realizing my work, and the job, was a product of the Pareto principle. If you're really into computer security, you will burn yourself out trying to stay updated with all of the new trends, techniques, tools, hacks, and cracks. But the reality is, you will only ever use 20% of what you know on the job. The other 80% will just sit idle in the back of your mind, collecting dust, wishing it has some real-world application that wasn't rooted in delinquency or criminality. It's true --advanced cyber security skills don't matter to companies and corporations that want to hire security professionals. They really just want an individual that follows orders, responds quickly to email, represents well on the (remote) phone calls, and harbors some excel skills. That's right young sec pro, pivot that pivot table and run that vlookup. I assure you, as a "security pro" that will be a large percentage of the work that you do. Cyber security programs and training companies love to hide this, because they harp on the shadowy, intriguing appeal of being a professional hacker as a career. The truth is, hackers don't make good employees, because hackers by nature are non-conformist, out-side-of-the-box, anti-authoritarians. Once you get that coveted cyber security job, by breaking into the field, you will learn this, as I did, and it could very well take a toll on you. Cyber security burn out is real.
The bottom of this cup of tea is thick with honey --and I have to admit, I like it. I probably should have fished the teabag out though. Blegh.
All of this to say, I think I found something that may very well be my saving grace. A couple of weeks ago, I was out at a bar, talking shit to a couple of friends and claimed I could pass the security+ exam, hungover with no preparation what so ever. Overconfident in my security experience, I dropped the $400, scheduled the exam for the following day (at Gateway Community College), and continued taking shots of tequila while a cute waitress brought us more chips and me, 3 more carne asada tacos. It was a good night, and admittedly, the next day, I had forgotten what I committed myself to. The test was at 10:15am, so I dragged my ass over to GCC, found the testing center, and sat for the damn thing. Sure enough, I passed with a 793. Not bad (but really, not that good, ha!). I was security+ certified, and hey, I wear it proudly. As I grabbed myself a much needed bottle of water from a snack stand, I noticed on the wall behind the stand that GCC was looking for a Programming instructor for the fall. I thought to myself... I could probably teach programming, and put a proverbial pin in the idea.
Around 2pm, after sitting in on a couple of meeting and taking a power nap, I woke up and researched the role. You only need a bachelors degree and 3+ years of experience to be considered. So I applied, thinking why the hell not. No harm in applying. That was a week ago, and since then I've thought about what my life would look like if I became a community college instructor. The thought hasn't faded since. I would be able to leave the corporate cronie culture behind. Most my experience and skill could be used, at least partially, to impart on a new generation of programmers. I would be able to get out of my apartment a couple nights a week. I'd meet an entire new group of people, faculty, students, etc., which would be great considering how much time I spend in this dark, (probably molded), computer-ridden apartment of mine. Not to mention, hey hey, summer's off! The idea of supplementing my income with short-term pentest contracts is also realistic and doable. All of this, and the possibility of shifting gears has made me realize my unhappiness has stemmed from being a slave to the corporate culture --which is exactly what the cyber security industry turns you into. All of the jobs (the good, plentiful jobs), are in the corporate sector. Sure there's public/government, and insurance/healthcare, but they're all run the same way --some worse than others. Cyber security education doesn't educate you, it simply gives you a minimal level of knowledge and awareness to man a terminal, and pray to the gods out there, living in and amongst what I like to call the Outlook orifice.
If I land an interview and hopefully a job as an instructor, I think it would be a great change of pace for me. I could very well be staring at a new career, outside the hell I've been living in. And if that's the case, I will likely enroll in the MSCIA program, just to get a masters so I can ensure I can keep teaching. I figure, if I can get the Sec+ on a whim, I should be able to get the MSCIA in a month or so. Here's to education and summers in Puerto Rico!
submitted by cmdjunkie to WGUCyberSecurity [link] [comments]

2023.05.04 05:39 esequiel_alan le arroje un baldazo de agua a un padre de iglesia

no es una confesion sino una anecdota:
tenia 8 años, yo hiba mucho a la iglesia (por obligacion) para hacer la confirmacion y todo eso
la cosa empezo mal cuando nos toco la parte teorica (osea escribir) ya que soy zurdo y en esa religion (la cual no me acuerdo el nombre) era la mano que utilizada en diablo
el padre me ataba la mano izquierda a la parte de atras de una silla y me hobligaba a escribir con la derecha, aparte cada que me equibocaba en algun punto, signo, espacio, etc, me daba un golpe con uno de esos latigos que se usa en los caballos
obviamente a mi mamá y a mi papá no les importaba, (cabe aclarar que aun tengo cicatrises en las piernas y la espalda)
luego de otro dia tortuoso el padre se fue a regar las plantas del huerto, luego se sento y por alguna razon u otra se quedo dormido.
ahi fue cuando me venge de ese maldito viejo, agarre el valde de 5 litros lo llene de agua y lo bolque sobre su cabeza, empapandolo por completo
conclusion, me hecharon de la iglesia y mis padres no intentaron meterme en otra asta el dia de hoy
y por sis se lo preguntan, no, no aprendi ni mierda a utilizar mi mano derecha y actualmente utilizo la izquierda xd
submitted by esequiel_alan to DesahogoyConfesiones [link] [comments]

2023.05.04 02:31 KillerOrangeCat Three New True Freaky scary Stories 5/3/2023

Number One: Walking Home

I have been pretty fortunate to always have been able to work from home, even long before the whole Covid lockdown changed things so much. I have always been able to keep my own hours too, and this was helpful to me because I was a night person. So, I would often keep up all night and go to sleep during the day. This really fit my personality because I am not really a people person. I mean, I like people, don’t get me wrong. But I am sort of awkward around people and just prefer to spend time by myself.

Being like this, I often went out at night to get things too. There was a convenience store a little ways outside of my neighborhood that I liked to go to often. It was a liquor store, I guess, but they sold a whole lot of things other than alcohol.

This took place during the winter time. And it was actually snowing pretty hard outside. I was wanted something to keep my energy up, so I decided to run down to the convenience store and get myself an energy drink. It was late at night, but I can’t recall exactly how late. But due to both the time and the falling snow, it was completely dead outside.

I always liked hearing the sound of my feet crunching in the new snow when I walked. But when I had left, I hadn’t expected the snow to be falling as hard as it was. There was very little visibility outside. Fortunately, there wasn’t anyone driving out so I could walk on the side of the road without worrying too much.

When I got to the store, I noticed someone was standing outside of the store smoking a cigarette. I gave them the friendly wave that everyone in my town gave each other, which was returned, and then went into the store.

I got me a Sobe Orange Tsunami, which was my drink of choice at the time and when I went to pay for it, I noticed that there was a new worker behind the counter. I greeted him, made some polite chat about how I had been coming to this store for years and how the owners are nice and that I will probably be seeing a lot of him since I shop there often. He seemed like a really nice guy.

When I left the store, the guy who was smoking was still there. As I got about a block away from the store, I turned around and noticed that the guy was walking in my direction. I got that sort of nervous feeling that I always get when I notice something like that. Remember, people generally make me nervous. And that nervousness usually makes me assume that someone is following me, even when they most likely are not.

I turned off the road in town, into the subdivision that I lived in. When I had gotten a block into it, I once again felt compelled to turn around. I just wanted to see if the guy was still following me… I mean, I didn’t know if he was intentionally following me I guess. But either way, I wanted to check. And he was.

My nervousness increased just a bit. I had a little bit more to walk before I would get home. I started walking just a little bit faster. I had two more streets to turn down and I would check and see if he was following me down them as well.

When I made the next turn and got a block down it, I checked. And yeah, he had turned too. It was beginning to seem like less of a coincidence. So I hurried a little more. I only checked back once in a while and tried to make it seem casual, but he must have sped up too because he was continuously only a block behind me. He kept keeping pace with me, but didn’t try to catch up with me.

Finally, I turned down my own street and the pattern repeated itself once again. My mind was now turning in many different directions, wondering if he really was following me and if he was, why did he keep lagging a block behind.

When I got to my yard, I sort of trotted up the driveway and got into the house quickly. Going in and then looking out the window, I saw him standing a little way down the street. He had stopped walking and looked like he was talking to someone on his mobile phone.

I got an idea then. I had a dog at the time, a pit bull. Now, I will tell you that the dog, Randy, was the biggest cuddle monster of all time. I doubt he would even hurt a kitten if he had the opportunity. But people saw pit bulls and were very often afraid of them, so I thought I would let the dog out in the front yard as a sort of warning. You know, just in case the guy was planning on robbing my house or something like that.

When I took the dog out, I could tell the man was obviously startled. He wasn’t on his phone anymore and he continued walking. He gave me a wave as he went by and he walked past my house, down the street and turned off onto another street.

The whole thing was really weird and I didn’t know what to think about it. But I was happy that my dog ploy had scared the guy away.

The next day, I was watching the news (I can’t believe how long it has been since I actually watched the news on TV rather than read it online) and got the shock of my life. The liquor store that I had visited had been robbed the following night. The owner had been beaten up very badly and was found laying behind the counter.

And that made me think if the person I thought was a new cashier was actually a robber who was pretending. And I wondered if the owner, an old man I had known for quite a while, had been laying behind the counter when I was there.

Well, I contacted the police about it. They had picked someone up and wanted to know if I could identify them. It was the cashier and the man who had followed me home. They had been robbed the store and beaten up the owner.

It then occurred to me that maybe he had followed me home with the intent on robbing me too. And although I felt really bad for that kind old man, I felt really, really appreciative of my dog Randy. If he hadn’t scared the guy off, I might have been in pretty bad condition that night as well.

Number Two: At Home

I have had some pretty messed up experiences involving my family in the past. I guess it would be safe to say that there is a lot of dysfunction in my extended family. But one night, when I was visiting one my aunt’s houses, the worst of all of these experiences happened.

My mom had two sisters. And their children and us, we sort of grew up like we were siblings instead of cousins. I was the second oldest cousin at the time, but when this particular story takes place, I was the oldest of the kids who were involved in it.

So, my mom took me, my younger brother and we drove out to my aunt’s house. She lived a pretty decent drive out in the country in West Virginia. And the thought was that we were going to spend a few days there.

My other aunt lived pretty close to that area too. So when she found out that we were going to visit, she decided to come along too.

At the time I was 14 years old. I think that it is kind of important to know that. My younger brother was nine. The other cousin at the house was one that lived there, and he was 12 years old at the time.

So, apparently they wanted to go out to the bars. So they bought us some frozen pizzas and rented us some movies to watch while they went out. My mom wasn’t really much of a drinker but she liked to go along for the fun.

None of the three parents were married at the time. But my aunt Claire, not the one whose house we went to, had this on again off again tumultuous relationship with a guy named Jack. I knew that she and Jack would often get drunk here and there and would have these really outrageous fights. Fortunately, I had never witnessed any of them before. I really hated to see adults fighting, so I was glad about this. At the time, I wasn’t really good at confrontation with others.

So they went out. And they were out for quite a while. The two younger kids went to bed eventually and us two older ones stayed up to watch the scary movie that the adults had rented for us. I was still sort of at the age where a movie could still scare me, so I was a little scared while watching the movie. And no, I don’t remember what it was. What happened during the rest of the night was much more memorable than the movie was.

The phone started ringing and my cousin (since he lived there) went and answered it. He told me that it was my mom and she needed to talk to me.

On the phone with my mom, she told me that my Aunt Claire had left the bar for a short time but had told her sisters that she would be back. She had never returned to the bar though. Jack, however, had called the bar, seeing if Claire was there. She then asked me if I had seen or heard from Claire at all, and I let her know that I hadn’t.

So, the last thing she tells me is that if Claire shows up at the house at any point and if Jack shows up later, don’t let him know that she is there. I said okay, already dreading the possibilities that this could bring up.

I went back to the living room, now filled with dread and apprehension at what might happen later in the night. And it wasn’t too long before my Aunt Claire got to the house and knocked on the door, since it was locked. I went to let her in. She was extremely intoxicated and looked like she had been in a fight. I immediately thought that Jack must have beaten her up or something and got even more freaked out.

She went into my other aunt’s room to lay down. She didn’t want me to call the police or anything like that and I didn’t really know what to do. I just did what I had been told. I let her go to sleep and then went back to the movie.

About 15 minutes later, I heard a pounding on the door. My heart skipped a beat when I thought that it had to be Jack. And I wondered what I could do. I figured that I had to answer the door because he knew that we were there. So I went to the door and opened it and indeed it was Jack at the door.

He asked me if Claire was there. He seemed really, really angry and I was very nervous. However, I did my best to keep my cool and I told him that she wasn’t. He asked if I had heard about anything from my mom and aunt and I told him no.

I noticed in the light that his hand was wrapped up with a bandanna and immediately thought that he must have hurt it hitting her or something. He was a big guy and I was very scared that he was going to come into the trailer on his own to look around. And just kept expecting it.

Right about then, thank God, my mom and aunt arrived in her car. They told me to get into the house and close the door. I did what I was told but was still pretty scared of what might happen. It was only a few moments when I heard a gunshot go off and that nearly made me mess myself. I was worried that Jack might have shot my mom or aunt. But then I heard my aunt yelling at him to get lost or her next shot wouldn’t be a warning shot.

After a few moments, my mom and aunt came into the house. I shouldn’t have been surprised that my aunt kept a rifle in her car. That was the sort of thing my family did.

I was however, a bit worried when they took my other aunt to the hospital. They told me to keep the doors locked and use the gun if Jack came back. I had shot a gun a few times and I didn’t really like it. Fortunately, though, Jack never came back and I didn’t have to use it.

For a while, though, I was pretty scared.

The Arrival
W Mann
I had just finished one of my best touring days since I left Daly City, CA. I clocked 160 miles in 7 hours so I was pretty psyched when I decided to stop off early to do my Yoga, eat my power food, and bathe in the Pacific Ocean just north of Ventura. It was early March so the water was unusually warm at 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
The unseasonably warm ocean temperatures (El-Nino) had run into the cold Sub-Arctic currents coming down from the north for the second year in a row generating massive storm systems, unusual weather patterns, gale-force winds, and gusts of up to 60 knots. This freak phenomenon lasted for the rest of the entire trip that spring and accompanied me nearly all the way to San Diego before I turned East on I-10 to cross the Pacific Coastals, the Sonoran Desert, and into Tucson AZ. My average distance till then had been about 80 miles a day and I was on my 10th day of the tour. I had to keep reminding myself, this wasn't a race but a continuation of a kind of soul search expedition that had begun some months earlier on Mount Diablo, go on to Yosemite National Park, and then on my road trip south down the California coast to Tijuana, MX, back to San Diego, CA and from there to Tucson, AZ.
Because my love of the ocean went back to where I was born in Florida and baptized in the Atlantic Ocean some 2,300 miles away, bike touring along the Pacific Ocean was like finally going home again. We'd moved from Florida when I was 3 and despite repeated attempts (running away as a child, road trips, vacations, etc.) I had never actually made it back.
My routine was to pedal for 8 straight hours, pitch camp, do Yoga, eat, swim, and then meditate facing the setting sun, while mentally recalling everything I'd done that day and opening myself to whatever was to follow. It was what I had been doing since striking out from Mount Diablo some months earlier.
My transport was a then-new 1983 Univega Grand Tourismo, an 18-gear aluminum alloy frame touring bike, I'd bought at REI in Berkley, CA the previous summer. I equipped it with front low-rider and rear ultra-light bicycle racks and panniers that housed my tools, maps, changes of clothing, food, and the gortex-lined bivy sack and North Face down bag I'd used as shelter in Yosemite. I left my North Face backpack with a friend in Oakland.
The entire set weighed just over 24 lbs and after my previous 11-week survival in the Sierra Nevadas, I was down to a lean 183 lbs.
My fuel was Native American spirit guide-inspired food consisting of raw fruit and vegetables, dried fruit, cheese, turkey ham, and Pita that I'd had a vision of one night in a Miwok cave while on survival in Yosemite National Park the previous winter.
Highway 1 or the Pacific Coast Highway, or PAC Highway, and California Highway 101 described almost the entire length of the trip proving to be a mass of switchbacks and S-Curves replete with washouts and detours.
I'd no sooner tack along a 2 or 3-mile s-curve with a 30 to 40-knot head-wind gusting to 50 than I'd jibe along a 2 or 3-mile tailwind, with zero to no tail speed at all. All the way down the coast, it was a perpetual contest of push and lull, like kayaking through the neaps and ebbs at high tide.
After leaving Yosemite, I picked up the gear I had stored with a friend back in Oakland for the second half of my tour and after a few days of rest, and eating, I took the B.A.R.T. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to the end of the line at Daly City and began my Coastal tour south down Highway 1.
It was March so the cold water coming down from the Arctic would have pushed the California Grays, Orcas, and Great Whites, along with porpoises, sea lions, and albatross down to the Baja 1,200 miles to the south. But I'd already seen a Gray breach in Monterey Bay just a few weeks back. So I knew the weather and the wildlife were both out of wack.
Spotting my gear in a safe place well above the tideline I decided it was time to swim out and use my makeshift camp, the shoreline, and the setting sun as reference points. Because of the numerous signs indicating riptides (rip currents) I had to change where I entered the water a couple of times.
After breaking through a particularly hard surf, I was able to swim under and over the crests and then negotiate the 10 to 15-foot swells coming in off the deep ocean. After that, it was simply a matter of paying attention to the cold, (hypothermia) and keeping my reference point in view, while treading the choppy crests and troughs of the open ocean.
A big part of freestyling in deep water (without mask, fins, or snorkel) is keeping an eye on any reference point you've decided to return to.
A good way to do that is by walking out towards the water and before entering, looking back and committing that image to memory; swimming out turning around again, and re-spotting your new reference point, committing that to memory, and so on. Because water is static (changing all the time) doing this over and over, especially in unknown water or terrain, is essential. It creates a series of still images in your mind from which you can pull from: where you started, how far you progressed, and where you hoped to end up should you become disoriented. Returning would be the reverse. It's the same thing you do when hiking in woods or mountains or deserts you are unfamiliar with. GPS was almost unheard of back then.
Also, whenever I found myself too far out where my reference point was no longer visible, I'd bring up other larger visual reminders like a pier, a jetty, or a group of trees, houses, etc. that would broaden my original starting point to encompass about a 1/4 to 1/2 visual mile.
Because El Nino had raised the water temperature and with it, the ambient air temperature by almost 7 degrees, the effect was stronger than average wind currents on the surface and unusually strong and unpredictable rip currents beneath so I knew I had to be especially mindful when swimming out and back.
After deciding it was time to go back, I discovered that I could no longer clearly make out my original reference point (my bicycle and gear) and my second reference point (a large white building, possibly a Hotel) was disappearing fast. Some low-stratus clouds had moved in obscuring the sun and what little glare it afforded on the aluminum frame of my bicycle.
The surface tailwinds I'd enjoyed earlier that had helped to push me out had increased to near-gale force winds as it got closer to sundown making it much harder on the return (blowing between 35 to 40 knots against). The waves had increased to near 12-foot crests with 8-foot troughs and the tide was not only pulling me further out but further north from where I'd started and potentially out towards the open ocean.
Getting dangerously close to the continental shelf (the water almost black). I took all of this into account and found a strange calm come over me. I wasn't so much afraid as I was eager to face and accept whatever was to come. I slowly turned to pull myself around to face the shore and calmly began my return by going under the wind and the surface current to where the water was, in its counterclockwise circular motion, gradually flowing toward the shore. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
I'd surface, like the sea otter, just long enough to take in air and swim back down, about 8 to 12 feet, to catch the shoreward current and ride it for as long as my air would last.
This seemed to be working even though my starting point was now further to the south of where I'd started and the shoreline had receded inland making it further I had to go to get back.
Nonetheless, I continued swimming down deep enough to feel the counter pull that would carry me closer to shore when the rip current I'd been trying to avoid suddenly came into play.
Now when I would go down below the outbound surface current to where the current was pushing in the direction of the shore, the rip would pull me down even deeper into the water. I would skim dangerously close to the bottom, sometimes feeling like it was deliberately holding me down and I would have to counter that effect by staying on the surface longer, swimming against the wind and current just to get enough air to resubmerge, swimming deeper to resume my shoreward direction.
When the rushing deep water current would sometimes shove me all the way down onto the bottom it felt like the crashing surf on the surface coming down with the full force of a 10 or 15-foot wave.
I was reminded of one of my earliest memories as a child in Jacksonville Beach, FL with the tide coming in and the surf slamming me down, lifting me up with the froth, and then slamming me back down again onto the snow-white sand and rocks, leaving me coughing and sputtering and crying for my mother. I was about 3 then. Gradually, I learned how to hold on to rocks while down on all fours, closing my eyes, and holding my breath until the wave had passed, and then inching my way back to the safety of the shore to do it all over again as soon as I'd recovered.
As I got used to the rhythm of this awesome force of nature I made an interesting discovery. When I'd hit the bottom I noticed that there was no sand, only rocks as you'd see on a river bottom where the current was strongest. Further out in deeper water, the rocks were large and jagged, but the closer I got to shore they became smaller and smoother like river rock. This reassured me because I knew then I had a path and was headed in the right direction.
Little by little I maintained my forward motion with brief lulls between even though sometimes it was all I could do to keep enough air in my lungs when the rip decided to body slam me particularly hard off the bottom as though trying to force out what little air I had left and drown me where I was. And yet, sometimes, I barely felt it at all. I thought it was because I was either so caught up in the primordial struggle with the most powerful force in nature, or the temperature of the water had made me numb.
Either way, I soon discovered rocks and shells, and plants tracing the edges of the rock pattern on the bottom like it was a path going through someone's garden. For those brief moments, I'd examine some of the contents in the fading light, feeling their shape and contour, porousness or rigidity in my hands and fingers, and wonder at the simple genius of their making while gathering myself together before the next pull or need for oxygen took me back to the surface to do it all over again leaving me awed and exhilarated at the same time.
When I finally emerged onto dry land, I discovered that I was nearly a mile further north of where I'd started. It was then, that the seriousness of my condition and the circumstance I'd been in finally occurred to me.
I remember the last hard slam not 20 feet out from where I eventually washed up and the extreme undertow yanking me in the opposite direction. It proved to be the most difficult part I had endured. Trying to get my benumbed feet up and out of the sand and rocks the rip had covered me with almost to the knees was like trudging through a bog with your boots full of mud and water. I'd no sooner get one foot free than the other would be sucked down and held in place like a vice. It took the last bit of strength I had to finally get free. I remembered the phrase: "The sea is a jealous mistress." Half-stumbling, erect, yet humbled, with the solid ground finally under my feet, I looked back, to where I could still just make out the buoy I had swum past about a quarter mile out. Miles ago, I thought.
Once clear, I remember looking up with the now-setting sun at my back and seeing a little girl who had come out to meet me. At first, she seemed happy, but then she started to cry pointing at me and calling to her mother. And then there were suddenly all these people asking me if I was alright and whether I needed some water or a ride to the hospital (this was before cell phones). They appeared wide-eyed and inquisitive with looks of shock and pity and I, just standing there oblivious, trying to figure out what they were on about when finally I followed their eyes down to my feet and legs and stomach and arms and hands and realized that I was completely covered in blood. Carefully I brushed my hands across my face and brow and through my hair and realized that I was bleeding all over.
Self-conscious and a little embarrassed, I thanked everyone for their kindness and sympathy and reassured them, especially the little girl, that I was okay and turned to walk unsteadily in the direction of where I hoped my bicycle and gear still were. I must have looked like some half-human thing hobbling down the beach. The crowd followed uncertainly for some distance before thinning out and eventually going their separate ways.
I re-entered the water numerous times to wash off the blood thinking I was glad there weren't any great whites in the area. I joked, they probably didn't have any more taste for a cold fool than they did for cold water.
When I got back, to where it had all begun, everything was exactly where I'd left it. Even the gulls had left my stuff untouched. I knew then I was indeed favored by the sea goddess. I decided against camping on the beach and found a motel room and showered and just slept and healed for a couple of days.
Naturally, I replayed everything that had happened, over and over in my mind until I finally realized that I'd come full circle. I had finally arrived some 2,300 miles from where it had all started 29 years before in Jacksonville Beach, FL, home.
submitted by KillerOrangeCat to killerorangecat [link] [comments]

2023.05.03 17:52 unatalsandra Soyyoelmalo por darle la espalda a mi papá después de que su mamá me robara mis ahorros?

Es la primera vez que publicó en redid pero necesito desahogarme y ver otros puntos de vista.
Bueno el contexto de esto es muuuuuy largo así que allá vamos.
Cuando tenía 14 años(ya hace 11 años) me fui a vivir con mi papá por problemas personales que había tenido con mi mamá, cabe destacar que el siempre fue un padre ausente nunca lo vi en ningún momento importante incluso cuando me operaron de una hernia al salir del quirófano no lo vi, pero era la única persona con la que me podia ir aparte de mi mamá,por otra parte su mamá siempre ha sido muy "especial" es hipocondriaca extrema y se ha inventado enfermedades como Lupo, cáncer de todos los tipos y colores e incluso accidentes. Resulta que cuando tenía 15 años no recibía el apoyo de mi papá porque siempre que tenía dinero prefería dárselo a su novia de turno o irse a tomar que pagar mi colegio o ayudarme en mis trabajos, así que desde muy joven hacia trabajos varios, cuando salí del bachiller fue el punto ya que los trabajos que hacía era realizar las tareas de otros amigos del cole y cosas así, así que al terminar la escuela no tenía ese ingreso,no tenía dinero para salir de casa y solo tenía 16 años así que legalmente tampoco podía trabajar, opte por una veca y empecé a estudiar en un programa público del gobierno, empecé a guardar de poco en poco dinero para mis cosas personales como ropa y útiles escolares porque ni en eso mi padre me ayudaba, ahora un día que me quede por fuera de mi casa mi abuela (la mamá de el) me robo ese dinero, quemó muchas de mis cosas que porque eran símbolos al diablo, y me robo mis zapatos, ahora ESE ERA EL UNICO PAR DE ZAPATOS QUE YO TENIA,!!! los había lavado y ese día me había ido a casa de una amiga en solo sandalias, le reclamé a él y no hizo nada, absolutamente nada, incluso un día quizo "corregirme" porque estaba siendo muy malhumorada y le dije: como no estar de mal humor si cada que me descuido tu mamá me roba, su actuar fue darme la cachetada más fuerte que me han dado, incluso me partió las gafas, que logré reponer año y medio después aclaro.
Ahora vamos a 11 años en el presente, debido a la situación económica en Venezuela yo decidí emigrar apenas cumplí los 18 años a colombia, tiempo después lo ayude a él a emigrar y tiempo después decidimos vivir juntos para ayudarnos económicamente en una ciudad, todo iba muy bien, pasaron 3 normal hasta que un día me dice que vendrá su mamá de visita, le dije que muy bien pero yo y mi hermana menor por parte de mamá quién vivi en ese momento conmigo nos iriamos a vivir a otra parte. Así se hizo nos separamos pero 3 meses después su situación económica estuvo muy mal, ya que era la única persona en una casa de 4 que trabajaba, me llamo y me dijo que porque no me iba a vivir con él ya que para ese momento yo estaba ahorrando para irme a vivir a Europa, y podría "ahorrar" más. Así fue, decidí mudarme faltaban solo 5 meses para irme y tenía a mi hermana menor conmigo así que ella tendría que quedarse con el para cuando yo me fuera.
Empezó de nuevo mi calvario, se me perdia la ropa, dinero suelto, yo daba buen dinero para el mercado pero no venía ese mercado, y en fin todo estalló cuando un día le dije a mi hermana que me llevará los ahorros que tenía en un sitio y ella solo llevo la mitad cuando le pregunté me dijo que era lo único que había y que la mamá de mi papá la había ayudado a abrir la alcancía, cuando ella se descuido solo había eso, en esa alcancía habían 300 dólares, solo quedaba 100$ y luego fue más agresiva, no podía cocinar porque ella siempre necesitaba la cocina, y si ella me servía la comida me la escupía, le decía a mi papá pero era como hablar con la pared así que empecé a pedir domicilios todos los días hasta el día que me fui.
Este maravilloso día hice el cambio a euros de todo el dinero que tenía ahorrado pero me quedaron 100 dólares que no pude cambiar así que se los metí a mi hermana menor en su alcancía, esta misma tenía al menos 200 dólares guardados, se que no es mucho dinero pero tengan en cuenta que esto se desarrolla en colombia, 200 dólares era más de la mitad de un salario mínimo mensual vigente.
Un día mi hermana me llamo llorando que la señora se volvió loca, le robo la alcancía y cuando ella quizo reclamar la persiguió a ella y a mi otra hermana con un cuchillo, llame a mi papá y le dije de todo, hasta del mal que se iba a morir pero el solo se hizo la víctima y me hizo sentir mal por lo grosera que fui.
Ahora estoy recibiendo mensajes de amigos de Venezuela (ya que después de eso ella decidió volver a Venezuela) diciendo que fui muy mala persona porque ella les contó que yo le robe y que todo lo que yo dije es mentira, que yo le pegue y quien sabe cuánto más, justo ahora le envié unos audios a mi papá lo más educada que pude acerca de como ella está arruinando mi reputación y si decido volver todos me veran de ladrona y eso me perjudicará y adivinen: no escuchar mis audios porque ME CREO SUPERIOR, Y otra vez se victimizo por las cosas sucedidas diciendo que siempre fue buen padre aunque yo no lo crea, solo le respondí : nadie tuvo que decirme si eras o no buen padres, viví contigo, tuviste la oportunidad de criarme, y solo te ibas a beber y pensabas que pasar tiempo de calidad conmigo era sacarme a beber con tan solo 15 años, he decidido romper lazon con él y me duele.
Incluso me siento la mala por siempre reprocharle sus faltas entonces soy la mala?
submitted by unatalsandra to SoyElMalo [link] [comments]